Maximum Number of delegates: 8
Duration: 7 Days
- Key topics
- Communicating Clearly
- Planning a Safe System of Work
- Checking cards and giving a briefing
- Working in a possession, PICOS
- Working alone
- Incidents when the line is unsafe
- Line Clear Verification
- The role of the RIO
- Candidates must be 18 years old or over.
- Candidates must have a Sentinel card with a valid Personal Track Safety competency.
- Valid medical and D&A relevant to your current sponsor and competency.
- Formal photo identification e.g. Passport or Photo Driving Licence
This is a Network Rail course designed to give candidates the underpinning knowledge to provide protection to groups of person working on or near the line.
By the end of this course candidates will be able to:
- Carry out the duties of COSS to the standard of competence laid down in the written and practical assessments and in accordance with relevant Railway Group Standards.
- Accept OLP and CRP documentation
- Accept CRP documentation (only valid if Learner holds PTS DCCR Certification)
4. Accept Line Clear Verification documents 5. Test the conductor rail using an approved Live Line Tester